How we can help you
We specialise in:
- Designing sessions which develop the generic and research related skills of doctoral students, research staff and academic staff
- Careers advice and development for research students, staff and scientists
- Designing sessions on topics related to careers and personal awareness, including the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (Dr Sara Shinton is a qualified MBTI practitioner at both Step I and Step II)
- Developing training materials
- Writing articles (there are links to some of these on the publications page)
- Supporting personal development through mentoring
Our clients include universities, professional bodies and other educational organisations. Unfortunately we can’t usually work for individuals for two reasons:
- Personal coaching and guidance is costly and (sadly) scientists, students and post-docs tend not to be prosperous
- We are based in southern Scotland, which although beautiful, isn’t exactly convenient for most people!
Instead we hope you can join us at one of the workshops or events we provide to a wide range of institutions including:
- the Universities of Newcastle, Edinburgh, St Andrews, Bristol, Heriot-Watt, Salford, Glasgow, Durham, and Dundee
And across Europe at workshops for individual universities, research institutes and organisations.
…and we are always interested in working with other institutions and organisations, so if yours doesn’t appear here, just get in touch via the contact form and we can start discussing possibilities.