Shinton Consulting Ltd. provides careers advice, information and professional development training to scientists, academic researchers, research students and academic staff.
Here you will find details of current and previous work, downloads of sessions, links to our articles and other information which we hope will be of value.
Latest additions to the site:
Two posts based on my talk at the “Taking Control of Your Career as a Woman Physicist” event covering the boosting effects of funding on non-academic careers and why imposter syndrome isn’t all bad.
A page supporting the range of work I do for the Institute of Physics, particularly the new funding guide Navigating the Funding Landscape, including slides and links from the launch events running in Autumn/Winter 2015
Workshop slides and tailored links for workshops for University of Glasgow, College of Arts on the themes of making the most of your supervisor, researcher reputation and conferences.
An article on reducing Confusion in Collaboration produced after the Stirling Crucible
An academic’s guide to Time Management
Since 2000 we have worked with universities, professional bodies and other educational organisations to develop career related sessions, write articles, run workshops and offer advice to staff, students and trainers.
- Our blog – our take on various aspects of researcher life
- How we can help
- Links to workshops at specific events and universities
- Advice and resources for postgraduate students
- Advice and resources for postdoctoral researchers
- Advice and resources for principal investigators and academics
- Download examples of our work
- Who are we? – our career histories and interests
- Contact us – or use this form: